Every marketing plan must answer these 4 questions:
1) Who are you trying to reach?
• Determine target audience • Create personas
2) Where will you try to reach them?
• Determine where they live at digitally, as well as physically
3) How will you drive them to take action and do business with you?
• The process of converting attention (awareness) into action (scheduling a meeting)
Examples of strategies below 👇🏼
4) How will you measure success?
• Determine KPIs and measurement tools
Content Marketing Framework
• Top of funnel blog content will help drive traffic • Ensure site is mobile-friendly • Invest in good copy from someone familiar w/ financial services • Include CTA buttons throughout site • Include email grab on home page
• The average ROI on email marketing is 4200% (ConstantContact) • Grow email list through free resources/downloads on firm's site • Drip campaigns to remain top of mind
• Build awareness around firm and your expertise • Show your value
Social Media Marketing
• Content marketing & social media marketing tend to go hand in hand • Consider paid ad strategy on social media • Must engage with people to build relationships • Use video to build trust
• Don't be afraid to get creative (personal trainers, wedding photographers, etc.) • Do collab videos, tag them on social media • Can strengthen local presence
• Being featured in publications builds credibility • Tools: HARO, XY Planning Network Media Requests • Network with local reporters
Paid Ad Strategy
• Be intentional with the end results • Consider what platforms your target audience lives on • Always evaluate analytics • Test, split test, track, rework, repeat
Tips & Reminders
Set marketing goals
Develop your marketing/posting cadence
Determine a marketing budget
Know the difference between marketing tactics vs. marketing strategy